Thursday, April 12, 2012

This is a photo of Nicola Tesla's Wardencliffe Tower, designed to broadcast electricity wirelessly. There are several images of its prototype on the web and this one inspired the alien vs human battle sequence I'm building. In my story, the tower is a weapon used to shoot energy beams to destroy attacking ships. There's something about the blimps in the pic with their search lights that inspired the idea. To me it looks like they are attacking.

So I modeled the tower and put it on top of the Civil Defense building. This will be in the opening shot. Between the W and M is a large stained glass window made of the wild Maus logo which will be the first image in the shot.


It turns out that the Wardencliffe Tower is a favorite subject for 3D modelers and several of them can be found on the web. I changed the tower design to look more art deco (early art deco.) The sphere on top is covered with copper pyramids.

No comments:

Post a Comment